We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi,

I am trying to upgrade modx from 2.2.1 to 2.2.4. When I tried to delete all the files in /core/cache/ via ftp, I was not allowed. So I deleted them via ssh. All files inside /core/cache/ were approxamately 2 weeks old.

Now I cant see the website, manager or setup any more. Blank screen. I guess that it has something to do woth file and folder permissions as this was a website which gave me trouble anyway. Sometimes, the whole manager was empty until I rebooted (!) the webserver.

So. Most of the files belong to the ftp user. But some (like all inside /core/cache/) belong to www-root. Is that correct?

In the beginning of this site, I played aroud with server config (as the official "requirements" say, that php should run as fast_gci. In the meantime, I moved to a new server.

Where should I start digging?

Cheers,

Guido
    • By ssh can you check the folder permission of core/cache?
      just to be sure that it's still writable by the www-root...
        TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
        website
      • /core/cache/ itself belongs to the ftp user.
        • ok, but is it writable by www-root?
            TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
            website
          • i just changed the owner to www-data (it wasnt www-root), but nothing changed.

I'll chown back and check permissions for www-data again.
            • I am not a linux professional, but it seems as if I have all permissions...