We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • It does to a degree, it reduces the chances the server configuration is the problem. I would look into some of the other suggestions above, and if it's still slow we can revisit the server equation. I could set the site up on one of our servers to totally rule out the server configuration if you wanted.
      Patrick | Server Wrangler
      About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
      • 141 Posts
      Looking at a Pingdom Tools scan of the site it appears that the issue is with the wait time for the page and not elements such as JavaScript. It takes nearly 4 seconds just to fetch the page.

this indicates an issue either with the Server setup or the way the templates have been created. Are you using many different snippets in the templates that could be causing this time delay?
        • 18 Posts
        I haven't had much chance to work on the site over the last week unfortunately, so don't have much to report.

I have moved the javascript to the footer, but this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Next plan is to look at updating the templates to see what can be streamlined.

Thanks again for everyone's advice. Will keep you updated.
          • 18 Posts
          I haven't had much opportunity to work on the site over the last few weeks.

I have added GetCache to all snippets (Wayfinder, GetResources, Breadcrumbs, SimpleSearch), and this does seem to have made a little difference, but nothing drastic.

I think I am caching everything I can.

I guess the issue I have is that we have built plenty of ModX sites and have them hosted on the same server, and none of them have this speed issue.