We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 178 Posts
    Hello,
    i have docmanager beta6 installed on Rev2.2.2pl and am unable to uninstall or remove it.
    Attempting to remove gives the following output:
    Console running...
    Grabbing package to remove...
    Could not load class: modLexiconLanguage from mysql.modlexiconlanguage.
    Problem instantiating object from vehicle
    Could not load class: modLexiconTopic from mysql.modlexicontopic.
    Skipping modMenu object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [text] => docmanager )
    Skipping modAction object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [namespace] => docmanager [controller] => index )
    Removing files in file resolver: /volume1/web/modx/assets/components/docmanager
    Could not find files to remove.
    Removing files in file resolver: /volume1/web/modx/core/components/docmanager
    Could not resolve vehicle for object of class modMenu; criteria: Array ( [text] => docmanager )
    Skipping modNamespace object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [name] => docmanager )

How do i remove the package what is left of the package so that it doesn't show up under Package Management?

Thanks
      • 24,544 Posts
      It looks like the package, or parts of it, were already removed. You could try again with the "force package removal" checkbox checked. Be aware that if you have installed several versions of a package, every time you remove one, the next oldest one will show up in Package Manager, so you often have to do several removals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 178 Posts
        Thanks for the reply Bob.
        Only the one version has been installed.
        I have tried a number of things including the force option. I have reinstalled the package so it is all there then uninstalled. The uninstall appears to remove some files then stalls as below:

Console
        Console running...
        Finding package with signature: docmanager-2.1-beta6
        Package found. Preparing to uninstall.
        Could not load class: modLexiconLanguage from mysql.modlexiconlanguage.
        Could not load class: modLexiconTopic from mysql.modlexicontopic.
        Skipping modMenu object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [text] => docmanager )
        Skipping modAction object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [namespace] => docmanager [controller] => index )
        Could not resolve vehicle for object of class modMenu; criteria: Array ( [text] => docmanager )
        Removing files in file resolver: /volume1/web/modx/core/components/docmanager
        Skipping modNamespace object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [name] => docmanager )

I'm not sure what to do now as whatever I have tried to remove this package fails smiley
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm not sure what all is installed with DocManager. Do you see any bits of it in the Manager (plugin, TVs, menu, namespace, lexicon entries)?

If not, it's probably all gone and you could go into the DB in PhpMyAdmin and remove the package entry from the modx_transport_packages table, then delete any DocManager files in core/packages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting