We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Hi,

I've recently setup a site where I've created multiple article containers (to serve as natural categories for articles). Obviously each article container has an rss feed built in, but what would be the most efficient way to build one master rss feed...i.e. an rss feed that pulls from each of the article parents.

I'm considering getResources, but I'm not sure if this is the best approach. Also, does my rss page need to be set as an xml page, text page...???

Thanks!

This question has been answered by aladage. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      There's a pretty good tutorial for doing this on the MODX documentation site:

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/getResources.Building+a+RSS+feed

If that doesn't answer all your questions, let us know, but short answer: a.) yes, getResources is a good way to do it, b.) multiple parent containers shouldn't be a problem if you use the getResources &parents parameter, and c.) I believe you set the resource to RSS, which should be a default option.
        • 35 Posts
        Thanks Aladage,

This looks pretty good. I've played around with getResources and it's looking good so far.

Thanks again!