We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I need some help please as I am new to MODX. I am trying to turn on friendly urls for a site that is hosted in a subdirectory of my domain name. Once I switch on friendly urls the page alias replaces the page ID in the url but the links between pages stop working and each page while correctly showing the page alias only contains the content from the home page.

I have been following these instructions: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Using+Friendly+URLs
    but replacing RewriteBase / with RewriteBase /new (new being the subdirectory where the site is hosted)

Anyone have any advice on what I may be doing wrong?
      • 387 Posts
      you are seeing the home page because modx is not finding the page - giving you a 404 error, and your home page is probably set up as your 404 page.

Have you tried with RewriteBase as / the web server is probably taking care of sending the requests to /new so you might not need it
        • 2 Posts
        Hi whistlemaker, thanks for your reply. I have tried with just RewriteBase / but the same problem occurs.