We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 41 Posts
    Platform: Revo 2.2.2pl

I created a new context / sub domain on the site I am managing to help better distinguish a secure part of the site from a non secure part in the back end.

My problem is this section that was previously secure (I simply moved the resources over to the new context) is no longer secure, I can access all the content without it throwing me to an error page or in my normal case the login screen.

I went into my access policy's to update my user groups access for the new context, and I edited the new context to remove the "anonymous" user groups access all together.

I verified the resources had the proper resource groups applied to them still.

Yet for some reason I have no security on the front end.

Any suggestions?

After thought:

I've cleared the sites cache, my browsers cache, flushed the permissions and sessions. still no luck.

Where else should I be looking to update a setting that would lock this context down?

[ed. note: nick2687 last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]
      • 41 Posts
      Figured it out...

I had to go into the User Group and then on to the Resource Group Access Tab.

From there I had to create a second policy for the new context.

For Example:

I already had one policy that looked like this:

Resource Group: Scheduling
      Minimum Role: Member - 9999
      Access Policy: Load, List and View
      Context: web

I simply duplicated it for the new context:

Resource Group: Scheduling
      Minimum Role: Member - 9999
      Access Policy: Load, List and View
      Context: secure

Cheers.