We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    My site has worked fine until just today when my system settings have stopped taking effect. I've updated the site name, for instance, but it doesn't show in .topbar or snippets where it is called. I've also added new site settings and they are not working either.

I've cleared the site cache, flushed permissions, killed all sessions, and cleared my browser cache. No dice. I've also uninstalled a recently added add-on to no avail, and reviewed the error log for related entries but nothing jumped out at me. I have disabled global cache and also specifically disabled system settings cache.

The only place I can see the correct setting values is in the system settings grid. Any ideas what could cause this or how I can force ModX to get the right values from the system settings?

Many thanks for any assistance.
    Shelton
    2.2.1 (traditional)

This question has been answered by eightygrit. See the first response.

[ed. note: eightygrit last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 5 Posts
      I found the solution in another thread. It appears to be caused by improper permissions in the config.cache.php file. You can change the permissions and then re-edit your system settings, or (and what I would recommend) you can simply delete that file. ModX will regenerate the file next time you access a manager page.

PATH: core/cache/system_settings/config.cache.php <-- Delete this file.