We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Any ideas what should I use for a simple booking system?

- A tour information page with the booking form below
    - Fill information fields, select tour date, how many adults, children
    - Calculate the final price
    - After booking, take to the confirmation page, automatic confirmation e-mail and booking request to operator, redirect to PayPal for payment

An e-commerce solution like Vision Cart sounds a bit too heavy for this? Any suggestions what would be the best way to go?

All ideas much appreciated!

Tommy
      • 102 Posts
      It shouldn't be too much trouble coding it on modx.
        Antonio Zdilar
        linearvector.com
      • Mark Hamstra was building something along these lines. I don't know what happened to it, but if all goes well he should be along soon to answer.
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • are we talking Evo or Revo? I might be able to help with some modifications to existing components.

There are also some simple ecommerce solutions like the dbLister etc, though your forms section is the missing component for almost all of the existing ones that I'm aware of off hand.

Cheers
            Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
            Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
            • 70 Posts
            Thanks for replies. I am building it for Revolution. I have now been working on a simple form for customer details and then simple java script to update the price based on number of adults and children. I'll just send the price and other needed details to paypal with "pay now" button. As I am more just a basic modx user it all takes a long time for me to figure out. I am not in a hurry.. smiley What I haven't thought about yet is how to send customers details to myself and only payment details to Paypal with a single button..
            • Tsavage,

It sounds to me that simple is best, and I like to say that MODX is a solution for all things but occasionally it is not the fasted or the easiest. In this case it may make sense to ingrate FormStack. It will help create the booking form, process the payments, and mange the data.

It may just be the most cost effective solution.