We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    I've been building web sites for years but have never done any real back end work ... now I'm determined to learn MODX Revolution and have only been studying for 3 days.

I'm building a front end login registration for site members ... I've downloaded and installed login-1.8.0-pl and created a login page using the tutorial presented on this web page:
    http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Register.Example+Form+1

Note the heading The Resource coding on the page link above - that's what I used for the content area on my registration web page.

Next ... and here's my problem in understanding ... if you scroll down further on the page (linked above), you'll note another heading titled The myActivationEmailTpl Chunk. I've created the chunk in my MODX Revolution manager, but **where** does the chunk go? The tutorial presents the chunk but doesn't explain what I am suppose to do with it or where it is suppose to be placed.

Any help is certainly greatly appreciated!
      Alan
      --------------------------------------------------------
      MODX Revolution 2.2.2-pl
      • 46 Posts
      Oops! I just noticed a link for Login Tutorials:
      http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Login.Tutorials

Beginners get so swamped with new info ... it only took me a day or two to notice the tutorials link!
        Alan
        MODX Revolution 2.2.2-pl
      • If you added the chunk, you'll notice it's already referenced in the resource code:
            &activationEmailTpl=`myActivationEmailTpl`

Looks like you got it fixed already, but be sure to let us know if you have any other specific questions.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 46 Posts
          Thanks, Mark! I did get it fixed ... and I'm finding that, although many times the tutorials give you a snippet or a chunk but neglect to tell you where to place them, modx is, none the less, fairly intuitive!

Also, I'm finding that everyone here is *very* helpful and quick to respond!
            Alan
            MODX Revolution 2.2.2-pl
            • 46 Posts
            My next task is to see if I can figure out how to do some front-end user loops and whistles.

I've successfully created a front-end user registration and login and now I want to create a page where logged-in users can fill out a form ... have the elements of that form send everything to a database ... and then have the user's personal "home page" (the page they are taken to whenever they log in) reveal the specific info they entered into that form page in a table.

Each time they enter new data into the form page, that data would be added to the table on their personal "home page."

Can you direct me to any tutorials?

Bear in mind ... I've just begun learning modx this week. I'm great at graphics and front-end designs and navigation, but I have zero knowledge about back-end stuff (which is the reason I'm learning modx).
              Alan
              MODX Revolution 2.2.2-pl