We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I'm building a xPDO schema visualizer. You can view a very early demo at http://schemaviewer.dev.kenters.com/

Suggestions/comments welcome!
      Jeroen Kenters

MODX Professional | MODX Ambassador | Dutch MODX forums moderator

website | twitter
    • Nice work Jeroen! Can't say it enough.. wonderfull!
      Everyone who also likes this.. please let them donate.. you've own it!
        MODX Ambassador (NL) & Professional MODX developer
        Follow me on Twitter | Visit my page on Facebook | View my code on Github | View my script posts
        MODX e-commerce solution SimpleCart
      • Thanks! Donate button added smiley
          Jeroen Kenters

website | twitter
          • 202 Posts
          Stupid questions: what's the purpose of this? Who's it for? Why would I want to use it?
          • Quote from: ultrasef at May 24, 2012, 05:04 PM
            Stupid questions: what's the purpose of this? Who's it for? Why would I want to use it?

If you don't create MODX extra's, then this won't be of any use to you. But if you do it can really help to visualize your XML schema. Every object and all relations are shown. I tend to forget one of the 2 relations some times, or get a typo in there, and that might break the code at some point. When visualizing the schema it's a lot easier to spot those problems (the green or red line is missing).
              Jeroen Kenters

website | twitter
              • 52 Posts
              Optimal work! I personally like very much and is a clever use of jsPlumb,
              Congratulations.

Quote from: jeroenkenters at May 23, 2012, 02:04 PM

Suggestions/comments welcome!
              It could be separated, the scheme in pieces, or turn on/off tables

On a big screen one big scheme, looks good,
              but on a small screen, looks like a Picasso painting

Regards.
                Developer of RTOS and Drivers
                Specializes in portability of BSD/Linux
                • 375 Posts
                This is a very cool tool! I immediately donated!
                I have 3 suggestion:

1) It would be nice if I could pass a link to my uploaded schema to other users (or to the modx forums) so that they can have a look at it.
                2) It would also be nice if we could have an editor part in the lower half of the window where the content of the current schema file is shown.
                3) A badass feature would be if I could edit the schema file and the graphical view shows live updates.
                  Freelancer @bitego http://www.bitego.com
                  ---
                  GoodNews - one of the most advanced and integrated Group Mailer premium add-ons for MODX Revolution!
                  More infos here: http://www.bitego.com/extras/goodnews/
                • Quote from: gadgetto at Feb 01, 2013, 08:47 AM
                  This is a very cool tool! I immediately donated!
                  I have 3 suggestion:

1) It would be nice if I could pass a link to my uploaded schema to other users (or to the modx forums) so that they can have a look at it.
                  2) It would also be nice if we could have an editor part in the lower half of the window where the content of the current schema file is shown.
                  3) A badass feature would be if I could edit the schema file and the graphical view shows live updates.

Thanks! Great suggestions too! Added all of them to the todo list.
                    Jeroen Kenters

website | twitter
                  • Just added the "link to current schema" feature. Expect to add the editor soon. Enjoy! smiley
                      Jeroen Kenters

website | twitter
                    • Interface is a lot cleaner now because of the tabs.

XML editor also added. Not showing real time changes yet (has to reload the page to show changes), but we're getting there smiley
                        Jeroen Kenters

website | twitter