We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    I'd like some users to be able to see only certain directories in the file system, like just the images and documents folders. When I turn on the ability to see the file system, they can see everything. Is there any way to show just certain folders? I'm running Revolution 2.2.2.
      • 90 Posts
      Using media sources would accomplish this I think. For example, I have different users with image TVs that can only be accessed through allocated directories. The way I implemented this was to make allocate the entire filesystem to the administrator user group, then allocate selective directories to each user group. Each user in the group can only see 'their' directory and can't see anyone else's or the any other folder in the filesystem.
        David Heriot
        pfsmedia
        • 151 Posts
        @faolie

I am curious how you are accomplishing this. I am on 2.2.2 now and trying to get a user setup to access a sub directory in the assets folder. I understand using Media Source for the most part and I have the user group and new Source created and specified my folder under Path and Url. I tested it in the main Filesystem Source and works perfect for all users. But I can't seem to isolate it to just the one Group. From all that I've read, wherever I could find it, you add the Administrator Group to the initial Filesystem entry, thereby blocking the rest to the full file tree, then make a new Source and specify your Path and Url and add the Group you want to it, which is my restricted folder group.

When I do this and flush the permissions and logout/login with a user in the restricted group I just get an empty file tree and nothing in the Media Source drop down for selection.

Is there a step I'm overlooking or should what I've done work?
          MODX...the Zen of CMS
          "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
          • 151 Posts
          Nevermind I found the problem. I had one of the permissions in the ACL for my user group unchecked when it should have been checked. I guess I went cross eyed staring at 20 pages of check boxes smiley

These media sources are great!
            MODX...the Zen of CMS
            "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."