We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    Hi All

About 2 years ago I hacked together a project using ModX Evo + eForm plus a bunch of other scripts that allowed users to design their own wedding photography package on my website.

It featured live update of price as you click various pricing options (i.e. add a string quartet, add a makeup artist, choose number of hours of photography, add an engagement shoot, choose size of wedding album, etc.), so the user could see in realtime the effect of changing options. I even attempted to use Google Maps to resolve the driving distance of their wedding from a specific location, in order to factor-in expenses.

Furthermore when the form was submitted, the options were saved to a database, a quotation number was generated, and the whole lot was emailed to the user for future reference.

(I stopped short of providing the option to retrieve the quotation at a later date; simply didn't get around to it.)

My question is this:

Should I pick this project up again, or does anyone know of a better way of doing the above (not using eForm), or perhaps someone has done something like this before, but better and more configurable?

Cheers,

Mat