We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • You can disable all VersionX save action just by disabling the plugin and clearing the cache. While it definitely shouldn't be affecting other plugin do let me know if there seems to be a correlation between the two and I'll look into it deeper.

While it's only labelled as an RC, I've been using it myself for just under a year already with no major issues, and the core code has remained mostly the same in that time, with most changes taking place in the UI.
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • 35 Posts
      I just reinstalled RC3 to try this again. When I click "Uninstall", the "Please select an uninstall mode" dialog appears, and the options are "Preserve", "Uninstall", or "Restore". I've been selecting "Uninstall" there, which apparently should "uninstall all versions of the package. They will remain in the grid for possible re-installation".

And it all looks fine until I try to remove the package - that's when RC2 reappears. And it's marked as "Installed". [ed. note: wakatashi last edited this post 11 years, 9 months ago.]
      • That's expected behavior.

Check elements > plugins: VersionX should be gone, and it should also be gone from the Components menu.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 35 Posts
          Yes, you're right - the plugin is no longer listed, and the Components menu has gone also.

How difficult is it to manually remove RC2 completely, so that I can then install RC3 from a 'clean slate'? I see in PHPMyAdmin that there's an entry in the modx_transport_packages table, and 6 tables with a modx_versionx_ prefix. If it's just a case of zapping these from the database and deleting a few files (from /core/packages etc), then I'd be tempted...
          • If you're going to be reinstalling it... what's point in removing references it will build again? ... the install process is clean and will work just fine (will see some errors about the tables existing, but that's no valid issue).

Removing the rc2 package from the packages grid will get rid of the transport_packages row and files in core/packages properly.

I intentionally didn't tell the uninstall script to remove the versionx data tables as that would get rid of data when people do a reinstall for whatever reason.

• 35 Posts
              Fair enough. Since, in its current state, the remaining DB tables and files are no longer having any effect on anything else in MODX, I can rule it out as being related to the other problem - because it's still happening! So now I'm going to reinstall RC3 of VersionX.

Thanks very much for your time today, and for the indispensable addition to MODX.
                • 53 Posts
                I just wanted to jump in here because I was having the same problem of the rc2 package not wanting to go away. It wasn't just leaving rc2 listed, installing and then uninstalling the more recent version wasn't deleting the plug-in either.

I believe I'm restating something that was already said (my brain didn't register what you said about the packages grid until after I'd gone through this), but I was always troubleshooting this at the end of the day, like today, and my brain is fried, and I needed small words. This is what I finally did:

1. Click Update to get and install the most recent version (rc4).
                2. Click View Details to open the Package page, and click the Uploaded Versions tab.
                3. Right-click version rc2 and click Remove Package Version. Then close to go back to Package Management.
                4. Uninstall and remove rc4. It's really actually gone now.

Nothing personal, I'd just installed a lot of stuff on my site recently when I was testing for another project, and I'm trying to clean things up a bit and figure out what I'm actually using. It looks like something I probably will use at some point, I just didn't want the broken version sitting there staring at me. smiley
                  If there's a better way to do it, I'll find it.
                  • 212 Posts
                  Hi Mark, thanks again for versionx (donation is already done to say thank you for your great work). The package is really a big help in the daily working process.
                  Quote from: markh at May 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
                  And what do you mean with first page? First tab?
                  Yes I mean 'first tab'. On saving you will be redirected to the "first tab" no matter which tab you have been working on and the cursor will not stay in the field and not at that position you did your changes when saved the document.

Thanks again,
                  Letti [ed. note: lettis last edited this post 11 years ago.]