We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I'm hoping someone might be able to help asap with resolving this issue.

I had 3 ACL's all configured and working correctly in version 2.2.0 however, since upgrading to 2.2.1 two ACL's can no longer change templates or access template variables tab - nothing has changed in the settings but obviously this is a major problem as one of the ACL's is myself as the Super User.

I have tried a fresh install but to no avail. This site is due to go live within the next few days, I would be grateful for support on resolving this problem.

Many thanks.

UPDATE: Found this in my error log (not the error report in the manager):

PHP Warning:  mb_strpos() [<a href='function.mb-strpos'>function.mb-strpos</a>]: Offset not contained in string in /home/site/public_html/core/model/modx/filters/modoutputfilter.class.php on line 321

UPDATE: Bit more information - it turns out that a user had unchecked the Sudo User setting on my Super User setting and there by took away my access to all elements. I have check Sudo User and now have access again. Still have issues with the other ACL but will continue to find a resolution. Question - can the checkbox for Sudo User be hidden in the ACL's? [ed. note: boomerang last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
      Helen Warner
      Number one pixel!
      Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
    • I really need to resolve this problem with one user who has lower access rights being unable to change the template or select template variable tab. This definitely worked in 2.2.0 because I still have it running as a subdomain, but something changed either as a result of the upgrade or as part of changes the user made, either way some suggestions would be welcome. smiley

I can change the template and one of the users I have created can change the template, but this lower user who has access to only a certain Resource Group cannot. This is not a timezone issue as template changes can be done by me and one other user. [ed. note: boomerang last edited this post 12 years ago.]
        Helen Warner
        Number one pixel!
        • 152 Posts
        Henrik Nielsen Reply #3, 12 years ago
        I don't know if this can help - but you can try:
        https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/06ab4f49bf8c42caee8ab5e3bcce24af4f5c2ca6

I had some similar problem with this, and that helped me...

And some info:
        http://tracker.modx.com/issues/6931
          - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
        • I'm using 2.2.1 and this was added to that file, so unfortunately that is not the problem.

I have checked with my host and also run info.php the time zone settings are the same.
            Helen Warner
            Number one pixel!
            • 387 Posts
            whistlemaker Reply #5, 12 years ago
            the time zone settings are the same
            Have you checked the database server time zone setting?
            info.php gives you the time zone of the php server
            you need to run a query on the database to see the database server time zone (see below).

I have no idea if this could be your problem - but it is good to eliminate it

I wrote up a couple ways to check a mysql server time zone setting on this thread: http://forums.modx.com/thread/75292/can-t-change-template-on-resource-max-frustration

• This was not a date time zone issue. It turns out to be an ACL problem.

A user had changed their setting to Sudo User removed my Sudo User setting and some how added themselves to the Administrator User Group. I removed the sudo user permission (returned that to myself) and removed them out of the Administrator User Group but something, somewhere still persisted despite numerous Flushing of Permssions (including All Permissions) as well as manually emptying cache.

I have now deleted the user groups that I had set up which had different ACL's, started over and it now works again. Phew!

UPDATE: Having reset all ACL's I stumbled across the reason why some of the above was happening (and it may not have been to do with the Sudo setting (Doh!) change at all), it turns out if you restrict certain Elements to a particular user group which has great authority those will less can lose access! Whilst this has been a frustrating 48hours, I have a much greater knowledge of ACLs!! wink [ed. note: boomerang last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
                Helen Warner
                Number one pixel!