We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    I have been trying to get Revo version of MODX to work.. almost as long it have been available, i dunno like two years. I dont know, perhaps i do something very wrong here, but Revo seems have some serious bugs; nothing works like they worked in Evo.

Am i the only one here? You might ask: "What kind of bugs you are talking about?". I might answer: "All kind of." ..there is no good answer for that. There is so much bugs, its not possible to keep track all of them. And some of them is quite random. Today the Manager works with Chrome, yesterday it did not. Yesterday there was no problem with installation, today installation breaks. Sometimes Package manager works, sometimes Package manager dont work. ... .. .

Addons, extras does not work.

Most of extras i have tried, does not work without little hacks. Always something you got to fix.

What have happened to MODX? Its version 2.2 already..

I just hope so much the Revo will be like The MODX used to be.

• Hello,

If would be great if you could elaborate some on the issue and/or your hosting environment so these bugs can be isolated and fixed. I know personally I haven't had any major issues with MODX Revolution, granted I will say lately Chrome has been unhappy with the manager, but I suspect that is related to some environmental changes I have been making.

MODX can only correct/improve Revo if people speak up (or better file it up - tracker.modx.com) wink
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        Yeah.. i know; frustration is great start for constructive forum post smiley

Anyway, i dont see any point to start reporting bugs until at least basic things are done. I am not a member of dev team - big thanks for dev team anyway!, not saying that - but its not my job to tell coder how to write hello word.

I believe the problem is: Modx have become too big; there is all kind of fancy css and packet managers and.. and, and and. Still there is something like this:

FATAL ERROR: MODX Setup cannot continue.

To use PHP 5.3.0+, you must set the date.timezone setting in your php.ini. Please do set it to a proper timezone before proceeding. A list can be found here.

This kind of things never happened (for me) with modxEvo. This kind of things should never happen with any Modx. This kind of things are things that should only happen when using other cms-systems.

You got to set timezone to php.ini..? Come on ModXers, you got to be able to do better smiley

• 4,149 Posts
          splittingred Reply #4, 12 years ago
          Erm, that's not actually a bug - PHP in versions 5.3 and later requires you to set the date.timezone setting. That's a PHP requirement, not a MODX one. MODX just tells you about it so it doesn't affect your installation later on.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com