We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 834 Posts
    Hi I'm trying to create a blog in Revo 2.2.0 and I've downloaded and installed Essentials for blogging.

But what I've just noticed is that none of the snippets are actually showing up in the Snippet Tree Ie No TagLister, Get Resources Quip etc

Is this right?

I've tried to Reinstall them but i get an error message saying it can't.

And I can't redownload them because the Package Manager won't let me.

I'm new to Revo, after years on Evo, so I'm still trying to figure out how everything's supposed to work.

Can anyone who can explain to me what's going on with the Package Manager and Snippet Tree/

Thanks

[ed. note: markg last edited this post 12 years ago.]
      Content Creator and Copywriter
    • Clear cache? Try manually as well.

Try also flushing permissions and logging out, back in. I don't know why that would work but I'd try it anyway.

They are, or are not installed in package management? Do you see them in the core/packages and the assets/components folders?

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 834 Posts
        According to the package manager they are installed, but if i try to Update or Reinstall them I get error messages.

• 834 Posts
          Hmm,

whether this was right or not I don't know, but it just didn't look right so I did a forced removal of all the offending snippets and then reinstalled them.

Now everything looks as it should, so we'll see how this goes.

UPDATE Now everything works, no wonder I was having such a hard time trying to get all the blog stuff to work. Aye aye aye.
          [ed. note: markg last edited this post 12 years ago.]
          • Hi MarkG,
            Blog Essential package is for Revo 2.0, after 2.2.0 there's a package called Articles, will help you have a complete set of blogging. You maybe want to have a look at it.