We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    belka-letyaga Reply #1, 12 years ago
    Hello. When i try to make new install 106 Evo? i cant pass the page with mySql database connection, whenever i provide true login data or false, test link gives no effect, and page keep loading and nothing happens.

105 Evom and every earlier version installs and runs fine.

U can everybody test it here: http://4gk.ru/index.php
      • 19 Posts
      belka-letyaga Reply #2, 12 years ago
      Ok. I bet this is some kind of server problem. Or file permissions. Cause i just checked out that i cant install even 105 on this domain. And on second domain on the same host 105 installs fine.
        • 1,098 Posts
        You can try to install the website in localhost and then move it online without the need of running the install. Not sure if this will work though, there may be an issue somewhere in the server.
          • 19 Posts
          belka-letyaga Reply #4, 12 years ago
          Yep, this thing works. But i still wonder, why this could happen.
          More surprising is, that i have several new domains on one host, and part of them runs install well, and part can't pass this page. As soon as i find out the trouble, i'll post it here.
            • 19 Posts
            belka-letyaga Reply #5, 12 years ago
            For now, i found out, that if i put modx archieve in some folder, for ex: 4gk.ru/123/ it installs fine.
            But in root directory it won't run.

It's amazing. I wonder maybe the problem is, that my domain is too short? ))

The last thing i tried is: installing modx in domain.com/1/ and then move to domain.com/ and it works fine.

The only problem is with installation. If smb pawned this problem, please, advise )) [ed. note: belka-letyaga last edited this post 12 years ago.]
              • 2 Posts
              I have the same problem: in root directory can't pass database verification. When I replace all files in catalog mysite/1/ everything start's to work fine...
                • 19 Posts
                damn, man, i passed this problem, but i forgot how ))
                Wait a bit.
                  • 19 Posts
                  Wait a bit.

So, now i found out that the problem was with some web server misconfig.
                  I deleted and make my domain on host again, and everything works fine. [ed. note: belka-letyaga last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]
                    • 19 Posts
                    Wait a bit.