We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 128 Posts
    Is it possible to have a resource whose alias is "MSGoffer" be accessed like this:

www.myurl.com/MSGoffer

I can get it to work as:

www.myurl.com/MSGoffer.html

but not without the suffix. (I'm not concerned with case sensitivity)

I've been battling this for awhile, have the .htacess file set up according to all tutorials, Revo settings all set up.... so I'm wondering if maybe this is not possible. Can someone confirm for me?

Thanks!
      Revo 2.0.8-pl
    • Just turn your resource "MSGoffer" into a container and.. basta!!
        Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
        • 116 Posts
        Evo or Revo?
        In Revolution, you can have aliases like www.myurl.com/MSGoffer/
        (Note the ending slash)

System - Content Types - change File extension from ".html" to "/"
          • 128 Posts
          Thank you for that tip. I was able to get this working by making the resource a container (thanks Ben Davis). Another approach was to go to System>Content Types and set the html file extension blank. Wanze suggestions would require the visitor to type the end slash, which is not what I wanted, but it would clearly work.

I am now realizing that it is probably impossible to have the following both go to the same resources using the friendly_alias_path setting:

www.myurl.com/MSGoffer
          and
          www.myurl.com/path/to/resource/MSGoffer

I really like the long path setting, so I was hoping to be able to combine these. Seems like it could work, but I haven't figured out how.
            Revo 2.0.8-pl
          • you could setup one url to forward to the other... but combining them... don't think that will work.
              Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.