We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi Wise Ones,

I'm working on Dad's site. He has written a "Preparing for Sea" check off list for boaters. My concept for this is to be able to offer this list in multiple formats so that boaters can take it with them to the boat. Some will want a paper list that could also be sent by email (from the site), and a PDF will do for that. Some will have internet access at the marina, and might want to just check off items as they complete them. Others will have phones that could display the list for check off. Checking off the item should change the display of the text (opacity?).

So I've been trying to figure out how to best do this in MODX and one way comes to mind. First, I'm bad with tables but I think perhaps one of the form makers might work to make the list itself, an option to email a pdf, and also be able to produce a completed page upon submission with an option to email.

For mobile, the site collapses and displays in one column so if the check off form/list works in a browser, all the above would make it compatible.

If anyone has some ideas of which form add on would work best please let me know. Or, if I'm totally off base with this and there's a better way in MODX I'm all ears for that too.

Thank you,

Kori

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster