We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    I've been searching for an answer to this, but have not been able to find one yet.

I am using FormIt for a contact form on a page that uses a URL parameter. For example listing.html?id=17

The problem is, that the listing.html page needs the id parameter to show the proper listing, and the contact form has some information prefilled, because they user will be using that form to make an inquiry about a particular listing. If there is no listing id, the page is redirected, as it is useless other wise.

So, when the contact form is submitted, FormIt seems to ignore the url parameters in the URL string, causing the page to be redirected.

If I paste the code into a different page, the form works beautifully, just as expected. It only fails on the page that has the variable parameters in the url.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there an known or easy work around? Or should I just go ahead and code my own form and validation?