We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 84 Posts
    I've just installed modx-2.2.0 on a QNAP 219P.

Unfortunately it is really slow. So for the time being I still use MAMP on my iMac and install Revolution on the local harddisk.

The hardware spec.'s of the QNAP are in this link:

http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_hardware.asp?p_id=122

Anyone knows the reason of this slow performance?

Thanks in advance!
    • I haven't tried running MODX on my QNAP (TS-495 Pro II - http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_hardware.asp?p_id=165) box, however with most unused services (Apache/MySQL included) disabled, and the memory usage being 325MB idle...

If you unit is anything like mine, only with less memory, I suspect your issue is insufficient resources. You could likely use the shell access to tweak the apache/mysql to run better under the limited resources.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 84 Posts
        When I open the MODx manager on the QNAP, the CPU-use goes to 100%. It takes over 10 seconds to open the page.

I have no idea how I can tweak apache/mysql settings...
        • You could try disabling the manager css/js compression, as that can tax the processor some.

I would suggest continuing to use your computer if that doesn't help with the performance issues. Tweaking the apache/mysql settings isn't a simple task, as you need to understand a little about the different settings and their affects.

The marvel processor in that unit may also introduce some added complexity. One other idea is disable anything you aren't using and see if that helps any.
            • 84 Posts
            Thanks, I will give it a try.

Hopefully the real site will be faster....
            • I wouldn't call MODX Revolution a featherweight, but it should run reasonable fast on respectable server.

If you are using a really cheap shared hosting provider you may run into some performance issues, but most hosts you should be fine.