We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Lately I've got this error from manager page when I'm trying to access the MIGX tv setting in a document.
    .../assets/components/migx/connector.php Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Is there any help for this, or is it a failure of bad config server?
    • For further information, this is from my assets/components/migx/error_log

[15-Mar-2012 18:01:25] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setPlaceholder() on a non-object in .../core/model/modx/modtemplatevar.class.php on line 1112

And my migx config like this:
      Form Tab
      [
      {"caption":"Info", "fields": [
          {"field":"title","caption":"Title"},
          {"field":"description","caption":"Description","inputTV":"richtextTV"}
      ]},
      {"caption":"File", "fields":[
          {"field":"file","caption":"Path","inputTV":"fileTV"}
      ]}
      ]

Grid Collums
      [
      {"header": "Title", "width": "160", "sortable": "true", "dataIndex": "title"},
      {"header": "File", "width": "50", "sortable": "false", "dataIndex": "file","renderer": "this.url"}
      ]

fileTV is working right now.
      And all this setting worked before my update to 2.2 and some server issues.

Any help would be appreciated. [ed. note: nepheus last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
      • I'm just hoping MODx will gain more users. Forum activities are kinda cold here.
          • 1,572 Posts
          And all this setting worked before my update to 2.2 and some server issues.

What version did you upgrade MODX from and have you upgraded MIGX to the latest version as only the latest version will work with 2.2, Also clear your site cache.

What server issues did you have, the more info you give the better the responce
          • Hi,
            I upgrade MODx from 2.1 and I'm using a shared hosting. They upgraded some server softwares which I dont really know exactly what those softwares are. When I test a fresh install 2.2-pl2, the setup goes well. I think there some problem with the server config. MODx Manager uses too many ajax requests which means more and more concurrent request for the server to handle, that's why it block out some request and return the 500 error.
            MIGX I updated to 2.0.0beta (I think it's the latest update in MODx manager) [ed. note: nepheus last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
            • I think part of MIGX problem has been solved by complete fresh install.
                • 24,544 Posts
                Quote from: nepheus at Mar 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
                I'm just hoping MODx will gain more users. Forum activities are kinda cold here.

Au contraire. By my reckoning, forum activity is up significantly except on the weekends. I would guess it's up about 30-50 percent since this time last year, though I don't have any figures on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using . . . PLEASE!
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting