We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    Hello,

I have followed the tutorial on coding pad for the formit and I can ot ge it to work. Any ideas as to why it will not work? does anyone have any ideas of anythign els to use?

Code:

I put this i my content area of my page:

<div class="leftcolumn"></div>
    <div class="contactform">[[!FormIt? &hooks=`email` &emailTpl=`sentEmailTpl` &emailSubject=`Message from Learn MODx Revo Website` &emailTo=`[email protected]`]]
    <form id="contactForm" class="cmxform" action="[[~[[*id]]]]" method="post"><strong>Please use the form below to send us an email:</strong>

<div class="contactformtext"><label for="contact_name">Name </label><em>(required, at least 2 characters)</em>
    <input id="contact_name" class="required" type="text" name="contact_name" value="[[!+fi.contact_name]]" size="30" />

</div>
    <div class="contactformtext"><label for="contact_email">E-Mail </label><em>(required)</em>
    <input id="contact_email" class="required email" type="text" name="contact_email" value="[[!+fi.contact_email]]" size="30" />

</div>
    <div class="contactformtext"><label for="contact_phone">Phone </label><em>(optional)</em>
    <input id="contact_phone_NA_format" class="phone" type="text" name="contact_phone_NA_format" value="[[!+fi.contact_phone_NA_format]]" size="14" maxlength="14" /><label for="contact_ext">ext. </label><input id="contact_ext_NA_format" class="ext" type="text" name="contact_ext_NA_format" value="[[!+fi.contact_ext_NA_format]]" size="5" maxlength="5" />

</div>
    <div class="contactformtext"><label for="contact_message">Your comment </label><em>(required)</em>
    <textarea id="contact_message" class="required" name="contact_message" rows="7" cols="50">[[!+fi.contact_message]]</textarea>

</div>
    <div><input class="submit" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" /></div>
    </form></div>

Iput this in a chunk called sentEmailpl

[[+contact_name]] left you the message below on the Learn MODx Revolution website:
    <strong>[[+contact_message]]</strong>
    You can respond to [[+contact_name]] by email at <a href="mailto:[[+contact_email]]">[[+contact_email]]</a> or by phone at [[+contact_phone_NA_format]] (ext[[+contact_ext_NA_format]]
      • 1,098 Posts
      You need to put the code in the [ code ] [ /code ] tag otherwise it will be removed. There is a code button in this forum, it looks like this: "< >".