We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 572 Posts
    Hi,

Just been configuring the mxCalendar for a site and have to say it's very impressive and a great asset to MODx.
    Is it possible to use the ajax navigation but to have the results display on an 'events' page rather than modal box?
    I have a mini calendar on the home page and i would like each calendar event date to go to an 'events detail' page as oppose to opening a modal window. An additional 'events' list would appear in a sidebar as a constant (this would consist 'month, date, title'). The main 'Events' page would list all the events as summaries.
    Is that possible?

Thanks

j [ed. note: 9thwave last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
      www.9thwave.co.uk
         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
    • The
       &modalView=`false` 
      parameter is what should be allowing the detail view to be loaded in the events page and not in a modal, however it looks like it has a bug - I'll work on that resolution and update you once the new release has it fixed.
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 572 Posts
        Hi Charles,

Thanks for getting back to me and for the continued work on this.

I will use the modal box for now.

Cheers

www.9thwave.co.uk
             WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
          • 572 Posts
          sorry..me again...now i'm using the modal box i'm having problems styling the content inside the modal box as the content is in an iframe.
          Can the content come out of the iframe or is there a way to link styles within the <head> of this iframe?

Alternatively is there a way to get lightbox to work instead of shadowbox?

Thanks for your help
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
          • The shadowbox can be styled or overwritten in your own personal style sheet. Also you can modify the templates of the display mode your trying to modify for the view by creating a different chunk and adding that to the parameters (properties) list in the ajax resource snippet call.

Example: Say you want to add some extra white space (padding) around the content in the modal view for the details. You would want to copy the current tplDetailModal chunk and then pass in the following for your new chunk.

[[!mxcalendar?&tplDetailModal=`myTplDetailChunkName`]]

The main issue I've had with lightbox is the Google Map display, was not consistent with displaying, so moved to what I'd consider a more stable modal viewer.

Hope to have more examples and documentation this week.

Cheers
              • 572 Posts
              Hi Charles,

Right i see what's going on. The modal box still uses the [[ tplDetail ]] chunk. I can also only add inline styles to this because the content is contained in an iframe.
              Is there a way whereby i can get to the <head> section and add a link to a stylesheet although i've a feeling doing this within an iframe doesn't work?

Cheers

J
                www.9thwave.co.uk
                   WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
              • Another option to support that is to create a new template that has all the header information you wanted and use that template on the AJAX resource page. Ping me on IM @ charless.mxcalendar[at]gmail.com or skype csandersii and we can chat realtime.

cheers