We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Checking PHP version: OK!
    Checking if sessions are properly configured: OK!
    Checking if assets/cache directory exists: OK!
    Checking if assets/cache directory is writable: OK!
    Checking if assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php file is writable: OK!
    Checking if assets/cache/sitePublishing.idx.php file is writable: OK!
    Checking if assets/images directory exists: OK!
    Checking if assets/images directory is writable: OK!
    Checking if assets/export directory exists: OK!
    Checking if assets/export directory is writable: OK!
    Checking if manager/includes/config.inc.php exists and is writable: OK!
    Creating connection to the database: OK!

Checking table prefix `modx_`: Failed! - Table prefix is already in use in this database!

It’s a fresh install on mt ss hosting.
    Tried 0.9.5 a while ago and worked. Wanted to start clean but keep getting that message. The db is clean. No tables or data whatsoever.

Does somebody knows how to solve this?

thanks...
    • Probably not without more information about what steps you took and what your environment is... especially with regards to PHP and MySQL versions and configuration
        • 27 Posts
        Hello,

I have the same problem as above. The environment is:

PHP 4.4.1
        mySQL 3.23.58

The reason could be, that the server doesn’t have mySQL 4.1.x or higher.
        I update the server and post the result in this thread ...
          • 27 Posts
          @Jonas

ok, I’ve found the reason for the error: In the file "install/action.summary.php" is a bug:

Line 152

if (@ $rs == mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $dbase.`" . $table_prefix . "site_content`")) {

should be

if (@ $rs = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $dbase.`" . $table_prefix . "site_content`")) {

PS: The CMS runs with mySQL 3.23.58, too.
          • Nice catch ublix -- this is being committed for 0.9.6.1 release... http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/894
              • 412 Posts
              I made the changes ... still not working. I’m upgrading because I do not have the Captcha snippet for some reason. So right now I’m in the middle of something and can’t get anything done. (yes I have a backup)

PHP 5.2.2-1
              Apache 2.0.58-r2
              MySQL 5.0.44
              • Quote from: fruitwerks at Aug 14, 2007, 04:39 PM

still not working.
                More information required. This post was discussing 0.9.6 new install issues on MySQL 3.23.58, so I don’t see anything relevant in this thread that would help diagnose or even provide an intimation of what your issue might be with upgrading on MySQL 5.0.44.
                  • 412 Posts
                  gotcha.. well I am experiencing the same exact issue.

trying to upgrade from

MODx version 0.9.5
                  Version codename rev 2106

started out with etomite long ago, but never have hit a snag on an upgrade before.

what else do you need to know? smiley

btw - I just need the vericode / capcha snippet.. know where I can find it?

Thanks
                  • Still confused. How can you be having the exact same problem, as again, this problem was with new installations, not upgrades. The table_prefix will always already be in use on upgrades, but should never exist on new installs. Are you sure you are running an upgrade and not trying to run a new install with an existing database?
                      • 412 Posts
                      ... Tried it again. unzipped the source to an empty dir - worked great.
                      ...copied my goodies back over.

All is good... that was a bit odd.

Thanks!