We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 125 Posts
    After just having my first website crash due to a spike in traffic during an event where I was displaying live timings, I am looking or cloud or scalable hosting where I can up the capacity for about 4 days at a time during peak load.

I have been looking around a phpfog, mediatemple grid, Amazon EC2 and a few others and it's very hard to get a clear bearing on cost. I'm not sure how many "instances" I need etc.

I am definitely looking forward to MODx Cloud and seeing what the core team can do as all my sites are 100% MODx.

The site is still unfortunately down as I move to a VPS server temporarily... I am looking for something that can scale very high quickly. Does anyone have any experiece using Revo on Amazon EC2 or a service like it? Google searched turn up nothing...

Thanks
    • Hello,

Could you tell us more about your current hosting, and what kind of a traffic spike you are facing? (Say going from 2k hits a month to 22k?) Also could you tell us a little about the site, mainly what are some of the more resource intensive items (loads of If, GetResources, GetPage, Gallery...?).

I know you can run MODX on a cloud platform (some of our sites are on cloud hosting setups). The trick is matching up the site with the right type of cloud.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting