We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 72 Posts
    Im using MODX Revolution 2.2.0-pl2 (traditional)

When I was working on a site I suddenly wasn't able to save my chunks. When I hit Save (also with the ctrl-save) I get an alert box with just this in it: []

The name of the chunk is saved, and the description, but not the chunk code (html).

I can save snippets and resources.

I can save the chunk if I edit directly into the database, but not from the manager backend.

Could you please help me with this?

There has been no changes on our server. It is in-house so the only one that can change our server is me. I have restarted apache after this problem, but it didnt do anything with the problem.

The error-log is also not showing anything wrong.

I have cleared cache, removed locks, cleared sessions and so on, but it wont help.

UPDATE 2012.03.06 - I uninstalled CodeMirror (version 2.0.0 pl) and tried to edit and save a chunk, and I got the same [] message in a alert box, but the chunk saved. I installed CodeMirror (version 2.0.0 pl) again and the [] message came up and the saving of the chunk failed.

This is strange behaviour because the CodeMirror package has been installed since the start of the project/site. I would like to get it to work again with CodeMirror and not having to see the [] alert anymore.

This is not solved in my opinon.

I have attached an image that shows what happens when I try to save a chunk. It contains three images. The first shows the [] alert box, the second is when I have pushed OK. Saving stops where the screenshot is taken, ant the third shows that is sais Save successful, but if I go into the chunk again, the Chunk Code (html) is not saved.

Could there be something broken with the javascript-files? Could I overwrite any javascript-file with files from a uninstalled MODX-download?

UPDATE 2012-03-06 15:12: I downloaded a new MODX installation and started comparing files one by one, and suddenly I found out that manager/assets/modext/widgets/element/modx.panel.chunk.js was one line longer than a fresh file, and then I discovered that there was insertet an alert on line 256 saying: alert(Ext.getCmp('modx-grid-element-properties').encode()); and on line 252 this.cleanupEditor(); was commented out.

I removed the commenting from line 252 and commented the line on 256 and it worked again smiley [ed. note: thorjarle last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
      ...I believed it was Friday...