We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    I have a site with three boxes of content outside/below the main content placeholder region. In my template I reference all thee boxes with one chunk. Inside that chunk I reference each box separately with three chunks. Inside these individual chunks I am using around four TVs for text or number input values. sort of like this:
    <li>Month: [[*meetingMonth]]</li>
    <li>Date: [[*meetingDate]]</li>

I have assigned all the TVs to the site template.

When I edit any document I can access the Template Variables just fine. If I fill out the TVs and then hit save then the TV content is filled out. All is good.

What I want though is to have the TVs input values to automatically show on ALL pages in the site, without having to fill them out on each and every page. Any tips on making this happen?

I know I could just use chunks without TVs but I want the site editor to not have to mess with chunk code. Having the TVs with descriptions works nicely.

Thanks!

EDIT: site is running on Revo 2.2.0 [ed. note: Photowebmax last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
      • 1,098 Posts
      If I understand you correctly, I think you're looking for a way to make global template variables.
      You can accomplish this with the super useful getResourceField snippet.

Hope this helps.