We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Hi all,

after having switched my blog to using Articles my RSS feed is no longer at the old URL. In theory one could simply add a symlink at the old address, but as far as I can guess the RSS feed from Articles isn't a resource anymore.
    Is it possible to create a symlink in MODX to the feed, or if not, how could I do that using mod_rewrite? I already played around a bit with my .htaccess, but with no luck so far.

BTW, this wouldn't be a problem any more if this issue were fixed: http://tracker.modx.com/issues/6373 [ed. note: pcab50 last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
      • 19 Posts
      What do you mean, it is "no longer" at the old url? Did you have your own getResources call to make an rss-feed? If so, could you post your getResources call?

If not, as I know your other forum post, playing around with the articles uri-structure, you need to make your own rss feed or at least change the rss.articles code. The latter would be killed after upgrading to a new version of articles, hence I'd prefer the first.
        • 15 Posts
        Hey, you gave me an idea! I had deleted the old resource containing a getResources call to make the rss-feed. Now I recreated it and played with it. The problem is that before using Articles all blog posts had the blog resource (#2) as parent.
        The following getResources call used to work:
        [[getResources?
          &parents=`2`
          &depth=`5`
          &limit=`10`
          &includeContent=`1`
          &includeTVs=`1`
          &showHidden=`1`
          &hideContainers=`1`
          &tpl=`rssItem`
        ]]

I tried to select my blog posts by their template, but the result remains empty:
        [[getResources?
          &parents=`-1`
          &where=`{"template:=":3}`
          &sortby=`{"publishedon":"DESC"}`
          &depth=`5`
          &limit=`10`
          &includeContent=`1`
          &includeTVs=`1`
          &showHidden=`1`
          &hideContainers=`1`
          &tpl=`rssItem`
        ]]

What might be wrong here? I want to select all resources that use template #3, sort them by publishing date and output only the latest 10. Do you spot any syntax error? [ed. note: pcab50 last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
          • 15 Posts
          It seems I was blind on one eye - Articles does put all blog posts under one common parent resource. That means I only had to change the parent id in the first getResources call and my feed is up and running again!
          While the built-in RSS functionality of Articles does not work (yet) for me, I could simply keep the getResources call.
          Thanks for your hint!
            • 19 Posts
            I thought it was something like that being your problem because we migrated our Evolution installation to Revo and afterwards imported the documents into an article's container, hence we too had to change parents' numbers on our getResources calls.

Personally I don't use any of those built-in Articles features. Well I would use Twitter... but it does not work for me. smiley We only use articles because it does not show all of our several thousand documents in the resource tree which made it very sluggish. Since we put them in an articles container it speeded up a lot.

It's nice that everything works for you now. You're welcome.