We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 255 Posts
    @ goldsky,

I'm at 2.2 rc1. Sorry just assumed that since we're in the 2.2 forum;). Some more info: when I test connection string on advanced install I get:

[2012-03-02 07:24:20] (ERROR in xPDOConnection::connect @ /<mypathinfo>/cms/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 2953) SQLSTATE[HY000] [2019] Can't initialize
     character set (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/) 

Was connecting just fine. Sounds like a DB problem no?
      • 255 Posts
      Fixed it. Had to reinstall and restore DB from backup just as Winds described. Thanks winds for your explanation!
        • 2 Posts
        Hi
        I have the same error when i want to open the manager. The site works perfectly.
        I have this error since I've moved my site to a diffrent folder. The main problem of my situation is, that i don't have any db backups. I just copied all the files to a different folder and changed all the vars in the conf files. i Was expecting that it just works fine. Can anyone help?

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/freicom/core/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php on line 41

Thanks
          • 24,544 Posts
          Try this, if you haven't already:

Delete all files in the core/cache folder.
          Clear your browser cache and cookies
          Run Setup in upgrade mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 2 Posts
            Hi Thanks for your fast reply.
            Yes I did all the steps but with no success.
            I think I have to setup a new modx. I'm lucky that it wasn't a huge project.
            The weird thing is that it wasn't the first time i got this error. I remember having the same problem after i moved another site to another folder. But i had a backup of my DB that helped me fixing this error. I wonder what mistake I do that this error occurs. Any ideas? It might be helpful for others too.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Check all the paths and URLs carefully in core/config/config.inc.php.

Also check the paths in the config.core.php files in these folders:

§ MODX root directory
              § /manager/
              § /connectors/

Finally, in PhpMyAdmin, check the path in the modx_workspaces table.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 37 Posts
                Just fixed a problem with the same symptoms - only I couldn't do a re-installation - just got the default modx 500/503 error screen.

Daatabase intact, but repaired anyway for good measure.

The problem? Another developer working on non-modx part of the project changed the database username.

Maybe the upgrade existing install should also check db config details?
                  • 4 Posts
                  Quote from: harveyev at Mar 03, 2012, 03:13 PM
                  Fixed it. Had to reinstall and restore DB from backup just as Winds described. Thanks winds for your explanation!
                  Just done exactly the same thing. Luckily I had a backup of the database and did a reinstall of it. All now works perfectly.