We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 225 Posts
    Maybe I am missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how to require each registering user to have a unique email. The unique username requirement works of course by default, but I can't seem to figure out how to require the same for the email.

My main concern is what happens if a user, who has the same email address as another user, forgets his password? They would both get the reset password email. And yes, I can see users having the same email addresses with this particular client I am working with.

Thanks in advance
      • 659 Posts
      Hello
      It's a system setting... You can change it in System-> System Settings search for the key 'allow_multiple_emails' set it to false...
      You can also use email as username (property to set in register snippet)
      Cheers
        • 225 Posts
        Damn, I am such an idiot. Thanks for the reply, anso. It was so obvious to check the system settings, that I guess I over looked it.

Thanks again
          • 3 Posts
          Hey Thanks anso,
          I am totally new in this cms and I had stuck with unique email for registration But Now I got it through system setting.