We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 134 Posts
    Hi, I'm trying to port WP posts to modx. Everything is relatively fine apart from the fact that when I click on the comments or read more it jumps to the top. Any ideas?
    site:http://blog.photoproduct.pl/
      Check out blackflow.pl
      • 33 Posts
      by the looks of it, its obviously a broken link a resource that may not exist?

Your template displaying the summary of the article should have the link like this:
      <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" class="more-link">Read More »</a> 

Then that id that it is referencing must exist. If you dont have an article it will just bounce back as it seems to do.

If you post your code or further explain your problem im sure that someone will be able to provide more details and better problem solving. There are a few things that could cause this.

Cheers!
        • 134 Posts
        To be honest I didn't have a chance to do anything with it.Only thing I really did apart from tempering with css is importing content from wordpress. The templates are default. When I set it up without importing from wordpress everything works fine.
        Links look legit but tags,archive and comments don't work. On the contrary turning pages work fine.

p.s.If some would be so kind to look in to it I could PM login and pass
          Check out blackflow.pl
          • 111 Posts
          Go to Articles, Template tab and check what is set in "Article Row Chunk" field.
          Find this chunk and post contents of it.
            ---
            Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. Martin Golding
            • 134 Posts
            <div class="post">
                <h2 class="title"><a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h2>
                <p class="post-info">[[%articles.posted_by]] <a href="[[~[[*id]]]]author/[[+createdby:userinfo=`username`]]">[[+createdby:userinfo=`username`]]</a> [[+tv.articlestags:notempty=` | <span class="tags">[[%articles.tags]]: [[!tolinks? &items=`[[+tv.articlestags]]` &target=`[[*id]]` &useTagsFurl=`1`]]</span>`]]</p>
                <div class="entry">
                  <p style="text-align:center">[[+introtext:default=`[[+content]]`]]</p>
                </div>
                <p class="postmeta">
                  <span class="links">
                    <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" class="readmore">[[%articles.read_more]]</a>
                    [[+comments_enabled:is=`1`:then=`| <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]#comments" class="comments">[[%articles.comments]] ([[!QuipCount? &thread=`article-b[[+articles_container]]-[[+id]]`]])</a>`]]
                    | <span class="date">[[+publishedon:strtotime:date=`%b %d, %Y`]]</span>
                  </span>
                </p>
            </div>
              Check out blackflow.pl
              • 111 Posts
              This looks standard and should work. Problem lies probably somewhere outside articles, some kind of SEO optimization, URL rewrite, etc, which changes links to resources. Try making aother resources beside Articles and check if MODx behaves the same way.
                ---
                Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. Martin Golding
                • 134 Posts
                yes it's working now. Gateway plugin was fussy. Unfortunetly I still can't use tags and archives- I get blank page. Links are working properly (for example: http://blog.photoproduct.pl/2012/03). Is this because I imported it from WP? Besides the blog I don't have anything else in this context. Shouldn't tags and archives be created automatically?
                [ed. note: blackflow last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
                  Check out blackflow.pl