We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I am doing some work for another web designer on their client's Evo 1.0.4 site. However, I am having problems with an eForm call that simply isn't sending. After I click "send", it reloads the page with a blank form and nothing else happens. However, if I reload the page then, I get :

The page that you're looking for used information that you entered. Returning to that page might cause any action you took to be repeated. Do you want to continue?

So obviously something did get processed?

Anyway, to be sure, I tested with code that is working perfectly on one of my own sites and still no joy. I don't have access to the hosting of this site and therefore can't check server settings at this stage. Is there anything else I can do to find out what might be going wrong?

Here's my code, just in case...

[!eForm? &formid=`maschinen-anfrage-form` &subject=`Online-Anfrage` &to=`[email protected]` &tpl=`maschinen-anfrage-tpl` &report=`maschinen-anfrage-report` &automessage=`maschinen-anfrage-automessage` !]

maschinen-anfrage-tpl

<p class="error">[+validationmessage+]</p>

<form method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]" id="maschinen-anfrage">

<input name="formid" type="hidden" value="maschinen-anfrage" />

<p><label for="cf-name">Name: 

<input name="name" id="cf-name" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Name::1:" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-firma">Firma: 

<input name="firma" id="cf-firma" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Firma::1:" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-strasse">Strasse: 

<input name="strasse" id="cf-strasse" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Strasse::1:" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-plzort">PLZ/Ort: 

<input name="plzort" id="cf-plzort" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="PLZ/Ort::1:" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-telefon">Telefon: 

<input name="telefon" id="cf-telefon" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Telefon::1:" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-fax">Fax: 

<input name="fax" id="cf-fax" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Fax::1:" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-email">Email Adresse: 

<input name="email" id="cf-email" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Email Address:email:1" /></label></p>

<p><label for="cf-nachricht">Ihre Nachricht: 

<textarea name="nachricht" id="cf-message" rows="8" cols="50" eform="Nachricht:textarea:1"></textarea>
    </label></p>

<br />
    <p><input type="submit" name="contact" id="cf-contact" class="button" value="Senden" /></p>

</form>

maschinen-anfrage-report

<p>Dieses ist eine Online-Anfrage, die von <b>[+name+]</b> mit dem Maschinenanfrageformular geschickt worden ist. Die Anfrage folgt:</p>

<p>Name: [+name+]</p>
    <p>Firma: [+firma+]</p>
    <p>Strasse: [+strasse+]</p>
    <p>PLZ/Ort: [+plzort+]</p>
    <p>Telefon: [+telefon+]</p>
    <p>Fax: [+fax+]</p>
    <p>Email: [+email+]</p>
    <br />
    <p>Nachricht:<br />[+nachricht+]</p>

<p>Sie koennen mit diesem Link antworten: <a href="mailto:[+email+]?subject=Betr: Maschinenanfrage">[+email+]</a></p>

[ed. note: intandem last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
      • 928 Posts
      The name of your form and the name in the parameter don't match
      &formid=`maschinen-anfrage-form`
      id="maschinen-anfrage"

Obvious, but difficult to see!

BTW, you don't need the hidden field for the form name if you give the form an id attribute - eForm generates a hidden field and sticks it at the bottom of the form. Personally, I'd leave out the ID and have my own hidden field where I can see it.

:) KP
      • Aaarrgghh! Hate when I do something stupid. So glad I added in the code afterall ... Thank you so much!
          • 145 Posts
          KP52, I've been struggling with a MODx installation that was done a year ago by someone else and we just the other day discovered that signup forms were never sent in all that time.

I just spent more than 6 hours on the internet trying to understand why our forms weren't sending confirmations.

Fortunately I just stumbled across your posting!! I never thought the problem was due to something so very simple. I sit here in amazement!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Sam Gerber (Philadelphia PA US)