We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    I have built a site for a client using MODX Revolution 2.2.0-pl2 (traditional) on Godaddy hosting. It seems that every couple of days the index.php page won't load at all and is completely blank. I then have to go and clear the cache through the manager and/or delete it via FTP. This is now happening to a random page as well. Edits and traffic are pretty minimal but will be picking up.

Can you please explain to me why this is happening and how to prevent it? I don't feel I need to be doing this every couple of days.
    • First check your ModX system report and log files, then also check your server error log file for any clues to bad/broken code that might be causing the issue.

that's the first step, if you haven't already, then post back your finding.

cheers
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 4 Posts
        This was in the error log repeatedly:

[2012-02-16 01:09:50] (ERROR in xPDOConnection::connect @ /home/content/92/8311692/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 2955) SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

I'm not sure what to look for in the other files.
        If you have any insight on how to fix this, please let me know in detail. I'm not super familiar with this backend stuff.

Thanks.
        • In your setup of ModX were you useing and IP address to connect to the database? If un-sure run the setup process and selected the database update option (last radio button). In the DB server field is you have "127.0.0.1" try changing that to "localhost". If you do not have localhost or 127.0.0.1, please let me know.

Cheers

UPDATED: See next post [ed. note: charless last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
          • Also, GoDaddy provides the full name of your database server - you'll have to use that when connecting to the database.
            Locating Your Database Server Name

Cheers
              • 4 Posts
              Thank you for this.

I reran the setup and selected the last option as stated. All the info (host, db, etc) matched what GoDaddy had. It let me check/test it but then only gave me a back button option. I had to select the regular middle upgrade option to move forward. Site is up, so we see how it goes.

Only thing in the error log this:
              [2012-02-17 21:38:42] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not load class: xPDOValidator from validation.xpdovalidator.
              • It sounds like there may be a corrupt file. Did you upload the core, manager, and connector folders in addition to the setup directory?

Patrick | Server Wrangler
                  About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                  • 4 Posts
                  I uploaded everything and has been working fine since then. This week it has been acting up again...same issue. There is nothing new in the error log. Clearing the cache solves it but I shouldn't have to do that every 2 days.