We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Moving my installation to a new server, but having problems upgrading the installation.

When I run upgrading existing install I get this error ( Database connection failed! Check the connection details and try again.):

Checking PHP version: OK!

Checking PHP for zlib dependency: OK!

OK!

Checking if memory limit is set to at least 24M: OK!

Checking if sessions are properly configured: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/cache directory exists: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/cache directory is writable: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/export directory exists: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/export directory is writable: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/packages directory exists: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/packages directory is writable: OK!

Checking if /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk//core/config/config.inc.php exists and is writable: OK!

Creating connection to the database:
    Database connection failed!

Check the connection details and try again.

OK!

OK!

If I run advanced upgrade install, this error occurs:
    Connecting to database server:
    Could not connect to the existing database for upgrade. Check the connection properties and try again.

[2012-02-16 08:10:42] (ERROR in xPDO::connect @ /hsphere/local/home/kreativ123/sw.dk/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 344) SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)