We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    From my research, it sounds like MaxiGallery is the photo gallery snippet to use. However, I have spent several days trying to get it to work. It seems everybody is recommending it, but I find it very slow and if I upload a file of more than 700KB I get a "Fatal Error" (allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted ... in ../snippets/maxigallery/watermark/Thumbnail.class.php). So I tried increasing the memory_limit in my php.ini. No change. It appears that memory limit was still 32M, even though phpinfo() showed it as 128M or 256M or whatever I set it to. I think that Thumbnail.class.php was actually resetting this parameter back to 32M. So I modified this file to set memory_limit to 256M. Now I am able to upload a 695KB file but when I attempt to upload a pic of 776KB or larger I get "Out of memory ... allocated 67108864". So it looks like I'm maxed out at 64M now. This site is hosted with HostGator. On another site with Canada Reseller Hosting, I can upload pics up to 5MB (4944K). HostGator says it allows memory_limit up to 256M.

I modified the Thumbnail.class.php file further to add some debugging lines and confirmed that it is setting its $memory_limit variable to 256M.

If I look in the galleries folder, the file has actually been uploaded, correct size, but there is no thumbnail. So it's bombing out after it has uploaded the file and is attempting to create the thumbnail.

I get the same problem in both Firefox and IE.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas on how to resolve this memory issue?

Also, any idea why it is running thumbnail.class.php in the watermark folder? I have set &thumb_use_watermark to 0, which is also the default. I think this is just where the thumbnail php file resides, but it is misleading.

I would love to see a MODx site with a working MaxiGallery. Please send me links to sites you've implemented. Thank you very much!
      • 1,024 Posts
      I had a problem like your s, asked an update of max allowed and that worked fine from that point onward

http://www.italianartists.eu/dariowork.html using smoothgallery etc..

Anyway, in the manager go to "reports/system info/php info" click "view" and scroll down to see the value "Post max size". On picture site s I have that set to 8M...