We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 91 Posts
    I wanted to change the default templates that display comments and add new comments etc.

In particular, I wanted to change the section of code that displays the create comment form.

The chunk for this, defined in Articles, Advanced Settings, Display, is quipAddComment. It, and the other 5 chunks set on that page don't exist - that is they weren't downloaded with the package, and the various snippets are using default-value html encoded in the programs, rather than external chunks.

Over to RTFM, and quite deep down in the documentation, at Quip.QuipReply.tplAddComment the default value of this chunk is defined. Used this to create the chunk for real, and then amended it. I renamed the amended chunk, and updated the settings for Articles to use the new one, nd now I've got the form the way I want it.

It's all there, but working out what all the bits are meant to do is a bit of a study - comments are Comments, but they are also Replies sometimes, so it took me a while.

Anyway - just in case anyone else needs to go there... [ed. note: nicboyde last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
      MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 20 Posts
      Thanks nicboyde! I was just figuring how to change comment templates...
        • 94 Posts
        Thanks for this post, was wondering about the same thing.

Do you know where
        [[%quip.notify_me]]
        and
         [[%quip.website]]
        for example are defined? I like to change those labels, but apparently these come from somewhere?

Does Quip have a language setting, are these related?

Thx.

update: these are lexicon variables that can be changed in System Settings:Lexicon management. [ed. note: rnd last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]