We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    I have a new site with a private members only system that uses NewsPublisher to send pages to a landing page that is powered by getResources. I am trying to get a commenting system working for these pages.

To start I am manually adding the Quip snippet to the post pages. Here is the basic call:
    [[!Quip? &thread=`Area 51[[*id]]`]]
    [[!QuipReply? &thread=`Area 51[[*id]]`]]

When I view these pages in the front end I get the Quip form just fine. If I add the comment and click Preview I see the comment with the author name and gravitar just fine. But when I click Post nothing happens in the front end. If I then go to the Manager and check the Quip Comments box I see the latest comment just fine. I then can approve the comment just fine. When I go back to the front end The page will show the update: Comments (2) but the actual comment text does not show at all?

The other thing is if I add &threading=`1` to the Quip call then the Comments indicator will go back to zero like so: Comments (0)

Also, no email messages about the comments are sent?

This is a Revo 2.2.0 site using Quip 2.0.4

I am not sure what to do here?

Thanks!
      • 1,161 Posts
      Update...

This site was updated to Revo 2.2.0 with a previous install of Quip left intact. I then tried uninstalling Quip, removing it, uploading a fresh copy and installing it again. I noticed several lines of red warning table code but did get the message saying the install was a success.

The good news is that my comment messages now show in the front end...