We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    Is this possible? I have a system with private pages, a group and a role, all connected via Login. I am using the Peoples snippet to add and manage the users. I want to provide some method that the users can create posts with and allow the other users to add comments, etc.

Can the Articles system work this mix here?

Thanks!

• 91 Posts
      I think that you will have to write a front-end system to do this, and I think that the API for this is scheduled for delivery in Articles 3.0 (see Roadmap in RTFM). (Or maybe that's just a special external API for email processing).

I want this too - I want web-context-only users to have an article-creating interface and to permit those articles to be moderated in the mgr context by other users.

I built such a thing in Evo a couple of years ago, I forget how, NewsPublisher? Can't remember, but I'll have to go and look and see what I used and see if I can use it, or adapt it.

Unless anyone else has alreay done this...........?
        MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 1,161 Posts
        I did get this working but without using Articles...

I created a landing page for the posts that is powered by getResources. I then created a Post creation page that uses NewsPublisher to create the pages. Once the NewsPublisher form is parsed it appears on the post landing getResources page. Both the link for the landing page and the Newspublisher page will only appear in the site navigation once the approved site members have logged into the site from the front end.

This was a little complicated but it keeps all the users out of the backend. I am trying to get a commenting system working with Quip but the sent comments will not show on the front end pages. They will show in the Quip component box in the back end though...
          • 91 Posts
          I checked back on to my old site, and I did basically the same - except ditto was used for pulling stories out, as this was Evolution. If I could get a front-end for Articles that coordinated with the rest, that'd be great though...
            MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud