We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 134 Posts
    Hi all.

Is there any way to change the way the file browser displays the list of files in a folder?
    Mostly it would be great just to display the complete filename. If you're just working with images, it may be all well and fine to cut of the filename after about 15 chars, because you at least can see the image displayed.
    But in this case i have a folder with a bunch of PDFs in different versions. Now i only see a grid of 'no preview available' and cut of filenames. As these filenames are different mainly in the end, i have to click and search to find the right file.

So, question: can i have a list-style view of the files? Just the complete filenames, maybe an icon for the file type?

Thx,
    Marc
      @itWilllBeOK
    • Not possible afaik. I think it's limited cause longer names without spaces would render useless as well.

File a bug/feature request for it: http://tracker.modx.com/projects/revo/issues/new
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 134 Posts
        Thanks Mark.
        Feature is requested.
        But the browser does have weaknesses, so i imagine it is on the list for the (far) future to be overhauled completely? Would be nice, that.

I will work with a work around - list filenames in dropdown/single-select and manage files via ftp. but it ain't nice....
          @itWilllBeOK