We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    Hi,

I'd like to see a message when my users change their message and that the password is changed.
    And a message to let them know the passwors is not changed.

I would also like to have the password checked so that it has at least 1 Capital letter and 1 number... I can only force it to have 6 caracters.

I tryed to add javascript validation but it seems not to work with the Login.ChangePassword code I took here : http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Login.ChangePassword

[[!ChangePassword?
       &submitVar=`change-password`
       &placeholderPrefix=`cp.`
       &validateOldPassword=`1`
       &validate=`nospam:blank`
    ]]
    <div class="updprof-error">[[!+cp.error_message]]</div>
    <form class="form" action="[[~[[*id]]]]" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="nospam" value="" />
        <div class="ff">
            <label for="password_old">Old Password
                <span class="error">[[!+cp.error.password_old]]</span>
            </label>
            <input type="password" name="password_old" id="password_old" value="[[+cp.password_old]]" />
        </div>
        <div class="ff">
            <label for="password_new">New Password
                <span class="error">[[!+cp.error.password_new]]</span>
            </label>
            <input type="password" name="password_new" id="password_new" value="[[+cp.password_new]]" />
        </div>
        <div class="ff">
            <label for="password_new_confirm">Confirm New Password
                <span class="error">[[!+cp.error.password_new_confirm]]</span>
            </label>
            <input type="password" name="password_new_confirm" id="password_new_confirm" value="[[+cp.password_new_confirm]]" />
        </div>
        <div class="ff">
            <input type="submit" name="change-password" value="Change Password" />
        </div>
    </form>

I adapted it to look like they told me here : http://www.the-art-of-web.com/javascript/validate-password/ on numer 2. Basic Demonstration with the javascript in a snippet but it's not working.

I have search the "all" web and I found nothing about validation messages in Modx Revolution.

I hope there is a way to do it.

Thanks,

Sub