We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    I get the following error message when I clear the cache in Revo 2.2
    /*
    * MODX Console Output
    * @date 2012-01-26 16:01:43
    */
    E_STRICT information: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead

Processing automatic publishing dates

E_STRICT information: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead

-> 0 documents were published.

-> 0 documents were unpublished.

refresh_mgr: Refresh successful!

Regenerating system settings cache: Refresh successful!

Regenerating the context caches

-> mgr: Refresh successful!

-> web: Refresh successful!

Clearing the Snippet/Plugin script cache: Refresh successful!

Clearing the Resource cache: Refresh successful!

Clearing the lexicon topics cache: Refresh successful!

/* EOF */

I guess this is the Default Time Zone setting? How do I enter this correctly if I live in Seattle?

Thanks!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Try setting the date_timezone System Setting to:

America/Los_Angeles
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,161 Posts
        I entered the following and it still generates the same warning message (with the Chicago).

'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST'

I tried dropping the single quotes but still get the error message...

Update: I then tried not having the 'PST/8.0/no DST' in there and the message goes way when clearing the Cache...
        [ed. note: Photowebmax last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
          • 24,544 Posts
          Doesn't Seattle do Daylight Savings time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using . . . PLEASE!
          MODx info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/MODx.html
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting