We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 126 Posts
    Quote from: bennyb at Jan 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Hi All
    I've had a reseller account with heart internet for a while now. I've found them great and the customer services has been very good. On many occasions they've helped me out configuring stuff and i've never had any problems running modx both evo and revo.

I wondered if you could clarify if the thumbnails are displaying as they should in the Resource Browser? I have been on to Heart Internet support and they say its not displaying due to a loopback connection being blocked?

They go on to say that the loopback connection is inefficient, instead the script should simply access the file through the local file system, as there's no reason for it to go out through the internet.

Now I cant quite see this being the case, thumbs displayed fine using EVO so I cant get my head around it...

Can you advise pls??

bS
      • 118 Posts
      Quote from: bigSlim at Dec 19, 2012, 03:41 PM
      Quote from: bennyb at Jan 26, 2012, 07:20 PM

They go on to say that the loopback connection is inefficient, instead the script should simply access the file through the local file system, as there's no reason for it to go out through the internet.
      That would make sense if the thumbnail file already existed on the local filesystem but the Resources Browser has to create a thumbnail of each image first which it seems to do by calling:
      http://domain.co.uk/connectors/system/phpthumb.php?src=directory/image.jpg&w=80&h=60&f=jpg&q=78&HTTP_MODAUTH=modxrandom-digits&wctx=mgr&source=1

Which is what it sounds like Heart are blocking.