We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Hi,

When I edit a page and save, it does not change, it reverts back. I am not getting any errors. Anyone know what is happening?
      • 1,161 Posts
      I get this as well when attempting switch templates in Revo 2.2
      • This is a known issue, and I believe it'll be fixed in forthcoming releases. See:
        http://bugs.modx.com/issues/6581

The timezone setting in MODX settings and PHP and mySQL all have to match. There are many threads here that detail it all. Within the past three weeks it's been discussed repeatedly on the forums.

Even so, after you fix the timezone issue there's a small bug that makes it look like the resource can't be saved. The fix is to make some kind of character change in one of the fields (i.e. space+delete) and then the save button is highlighted (or use ctrl+save).
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
          • 70 Posts
          Hi Frogabog,

I'm don't think this is my issue. I did not change templates and I do have an active save button. But when I save it doesn't actually change anything on the page.
          • Does the save work? I mean, does the save dialog hang, or does it save and then re-load the page without the changes?

Also, what browser are you working in? IE is known to be buggy with MODX. Try this thread for more information about MODX and IE. http://forums.modx.com/thread/8710/role-can-t-save-changes-in-ie-fine-in-firefox#dis-post-51243

If it's an IE issue, the above thread has a solution that may help. But the general consensus is that MODX is best managed with Firefox or Chrome. I've recently switched to Chrome and it's working just fine.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
              "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
              Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
              • 70 Posts
              Frogabog,

Yes the save works as expected with no errors or hangup. It just doesn't actually change anything.

But I tried it with FireFox and it works fine. The changes happen. I suppose I will need to tell my client to use FF. But this was not an issue before, I'm not sure why it is now.

Thank you for your help Frog.

I will leave this open in case you or anyone else can tell me how to get it to work in IE9.