We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 236 Posts
    In the gallery component I would like to prevent the user from being able to remove an album in the manager. They would need access to all the other gallery functionality, add album, upload photos etc. Is this possible?

I have the user account locked down nicely so they can only access the gallery component.

I have:
    Context access: web & mgr - Editor-5 - My Content Editor
    Element Category Access: Gallery - Editor - 5 - My Element

So I'm looking in the 'My Element' access policy but no joy yet. This is a minor detail really but it would be nice to have just to give the user a bit of protection from accidentally deleting an album.

• 13 Posts
      Hi bobwal,

sorry for bringing this up again but have you found a solution to your problems?

Right now I'm trying to have a editor user group that is able to use the gallery 1.5.2. plugin on Revo 2.2.4 as well.

But I'm stuck with the editor user group not getting permissions to access action 80 (that is the gallery plugin).

I have a category-element access in mgr & web for the editor user group with element acls.

Don't know what else I could do to grant usage rights in the mgr context to the gallery plugin.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks for your help,

Chris
        • 13 Posts
        Ok, if someone is confronting the same problem: go to systems->actions->menu (on the right)->components->gallery->edit action and insert components as a permission rule. Then everyone with the components permission is able to use the gallery in the manager.