We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Help!

I think I may have messed up the permissions on my manager admin account. I was creating a new user and trying to configure the permissions when suddenly I got kicked out of the manager and was unable to then log back in. When I enter my details now I get the login screen again with no errors or extra details.

I followed the instructions here and still can't login:
    http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Troubleshooting+Installation#TroubleshootingInstallation-Theloginpagekeepsredirectingmebacktotheloginscreenwithnoerror

Is there a way to reset the permissions of my admin account and get back my manager access? Help!

Environment info:
    MODX Revolution 2.2.0-pl2 (traditional)
    Apache/2.2.19 (Unix)
    CentOS release 5.7 (Final)
    Linux 2.6.18-028stab070.14 #1 SMP Thu Nov 18 16:04:02 MSK 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    PHP Version 5.3.6
    MySQL client version: 5.0.92
    MySQL server version: 5.0.92-community-log MySQL Community Edition (GPL)
    pdo_mysql is installed
      • 15 Posts
      Update: Still can't login and only sorta freaking out. Attached a screenshot from the manager log of where it looks like I went wrong before getting locked out. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
        • 15 Posts
        Okay, figured this mess out.

Don't know what the exact problem was but I took a backup copy of my database and made all the tables that seemed related to user permissions match. Every time I build a Revolution site I completely mess it up trying to setup permissions and users. I hate to keep going back to Evo but the documentation for Revolution is really lacking when it comes to setting up users and permissions. sad