We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 406 Posts
    I figured out this works well for a list of articles on the home page:

<h2 class="centerthis">Commentary</h2>
    [[Articles? &container=`ID of Articles Container` &tpl=`board.ArticleRowTpl`]]
    [[+articles]]
    [[+paging]]

What I don't understand is how to make the Articles Container page show ALL the text of each article.

*What* is being called by [[+articles]] that I must modify to have my desired Articles display on the container page??

Thank you, Tom

This question has been answered by TomMLS. See the first response.

• 406 Posts
      What is the Articles equivalent of getResources' &includeContent=`1` onto the Articles Container page?? I want all the article content shown...Thank you, Tom
        • 39 Posts
        I figured out (thanks to this thread), that you can actually just use getResources for Articles, since they are normal resources.

The only important thing to have in mind here, is that Articles have hidemenu set to 1, so you have to include
        &showHidden=`1`

in your getResources call to actually show something.

You can use a call like this for example:

[[!getResources?
          &tpl=`myArticlesRowTpl`
          &parents=`1234`
          &showHidden=`1`
          &includeContent=`1`
          &includeTVs=`1`
          &processTVs=`1`
          &tvPrefix=``
        ]]

Where 1234 is the ID of your articles container. This would allow you to work with Articles resources exactly as you would normally do it, for example, for a widget on your home page. [ed. note: boundaryfunctions last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
          • 24,544 Posts
          If you want to see all the content, make sure the Tpl chunk has a content tag:

[[+content]]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using . . . PLEASE!
          MODx info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/MODx.html
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • discuss.answer
            • 406 Posts
            All the above worked for me.

I did this on the start page where I wanted to show two lists of articles:

[[!getResources?
              &tpl=`board.ArticleSummaryTpl`
              &parents=`69`
              &showHidden=`1`
              &includeContent=`1`
              &includeTVs=`1`
              &processTVs=`1`
              &tvPrefix=``
            ]]

board.ArticleSummaryTpl is the same as sample.ArticleRowTpl, with site-specific changes plus substituting text 'Read more' for the [[%articles.read_more]] lexicon item.

Thank you, Tom