We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 50 Posts
    Hello folks,

I have a site with a Blog section and a News section. They are almost identical in that I'm using the Articles addon for both but the News section has commenting turned off. The Blog works great but in the News section I can't get the 'Latest' links to appear in the sidebar when you are on the individual News article. The strange thing is that this appears just fine when you are on the News main page that contains the summary of the articles. Both are using the same chunk for generating the Latest links in the sidebar (and referenced in the Advanced settings in Articles) so I can't see how it should work in one template but not the other....

Here's the content of the chunk........

<li>
      <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>
      [[+publishedon:notempty=`
     - [[+publishedon:strtotime:date=`%b %d, %Y`]]`]]
    </li>

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Danny
    [ed. note: splittingred last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 50 Posts
      OK, finally I figured it. It seems to be because I have 'Enable Comments' turned off under the Articles settings for the News container. When I turn this on the Latest Posts and Archive links appear in the sidebar again on the frontend.

Not sure why this would be?
        • 32 Posts
        Yes I spotted this after a couple of hours head scratching! I would say its bad code!