We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 147 Posts
    Upgrading a Revo site from 2.07 to 2.2.0-pl2, I'm getting a weird error: pages load, but without the links. It's happening both in the manager (erratically) and in the site itself. "View source" on njfc.com.au, for instance, and you see that the HREF tags for the CSS files are empty. So are all the HREF links for navigation, and for everything else for that matter. That means that code like [[~2]] is translating into nothing, instead of translating into a link.

I've tried using the stock-standard .htaccess file in place of my edited one, and it makes no difference.

I've successflly upgraded to other sites to 2.2.0, so if I'm making a newbie error, it's an odd one.

Before I go to the backups, has anyone seen an error like this?

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

[ed. note: shorewalker last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
      David Walker
      Principal, Shorewalker DMS
      Phone: 03 8899 7790
      Mobile: 0407 133 020
      • 338 Posts
      Are you going to share how you solved it?
      • discuss.answer
        • 147 Posts
        OK, for anyone who hits the same problem, this was fixed by turning Friendly URLs off and then on again. I also used an edited version of the stock .htaccess file that came with the system, but on its own that made no difference when tried several times. Or maybe I just did something to the .htaccess file without noticing it. Odd.
          David Walker
        • discuss.answer
          • 147 Posts
          Update: Problem fixed in the front end, but some weird stuff still happening in the back end, where sometimes pages just refuse to load.

This site is on Dreamhost, which has had a fairly massive security-related problem over the weekend, and it is just possible that the problem is Dreamhost-related. I'm going to leave it for a while while Dreamhost sorts out their mess.
            David Walker
          • discuss.answer
            • 1,572 Posts
            OK, for anyone who hits the same problem, this was fixed by turning Friendly URLs off and then on again.

I had the exact same problem when I upgraded my site from 2.0.7 so your not alone on that one.
              • 147 Posts
              Update: the problem is back, after going away for a while. This is truly weird.
                David Walker
                • 147 Posts
                OK, went back to a solution suggested by splittingred in this thread:
                http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=72715&page=1

He suggests:
                It's actually a problem with Google minify, the JS/CSS compressor used in the manager, and something we're working on for 2.2-pl. For now, you can just turn off CSS/JS compression and that will fix the issue (turn off compress_css and compress_js system settings).

And it seems to work. Hoorah.

Some sort of alert for users might be handy.
                  David Walker