We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 147 Posts
    The manager in 2.2.0 introduces the good idea of Dashboards that are assigned on the basis of a user's User Group. Since users can belong to multiple groups, you thus have to choose a "primary Group" i.e. the group which your user belongs to for the purpose of the dashboards.

The documentation at http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Dashboards suggests you should set the Primary Group "in the User editing screen". But - and pardon my idiocy if I'm looking past it - no such setting seems to exist.

Has anyone else found the place where you set the user's Primary Group?
      David Walker
      Principal, Shorewalker DMS
      Phone: 03 8899 7790
      Mobile: 0407 133 020
    • I think what your looking for is located in:

Security > Access Controls

Then select the group right click on update group and its the tab that says Dashboard.

Here's a screenshot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
        Benjamin Marte
        Interactive Media Developer
        Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
        • 4,149 Posts
        From the "Access Permissions" tab when editing the user:

Here you can select which User Groups this user belongs to. You can drag and drop each row to reorder the rank of each User Group. The User Group that has a rank of 0 will be declared the User's Primary Group, and will be the User Group that determines the User's Dashboard.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 147 Posts
          Thanks Shaun. Can I suggest a slight change in the documentation to reflect that it is the "Rank" that needs to be changed?
            David Walker
            Principal, Shorewalker DMS
            Phone: 03 8899 7790
            Mobile: 0407 133 020